Suitcase Theatre is currently seeking submissions for non-union performers for our upcoming fall school tour and subsequent tours through the GTA as well as across Ontario. Suitcase Theatre is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to children and youth. Our mission is to create and facilitate theatre experiences that are accessible to all and provide a positive and lasting influence on children and families.
This new show will aim to tackle the challenges facing young people today with regards to mental health and will focus on giving students strategies and coping skills to help them achieve a better sense of overall well being. We hope to engage students in conversation and open up dialogues between students, teacher, and parents about these challenges and the topic of mental health as a whole.
Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Suitcase Theatre is committed to reflecting our community in all of its diversity. We encourage actors from all cultures, races, ethnicities, and gender identities, as well as all mental and physical abilities to apply for an audition.
Audition date: Monday, April 29th 2019
Audition location: The Commons Studio (587a College St above an establishment called “Dish”)
Production name: TBA (Fall Show 2019)
Rehearsal dates: 07/29/19 (two weeks)
Submission deadline: Monday, April 22nd 2019
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an email containing the following items to Tyler Check at email@example.com with the subject line FALL SHOW SUBMISSION + (YOUR NAME)
– Resume pdf titled (“Your Name” Resume)
– Headshot pdf or jpeg titled (“Your Name” Resume)
– A short CV or cover letter pdf explaining why you feel you would be a good fit for Suitcase Theatre/TYA titled (“Your Name” Cover Letter)
Only those selected will be contacted with an audition time.
Deadline to apply: Monday, April 22nd @ 5:00 pm
– Please bring a headshot/resume
– Please be prepared to read short excerpts from the script. Sides will be provided in advance to those who are invited to audition. Hard copies will be available at the sign in table on the day of the audition.
– Please prepare 2 one-minute song selections (1 musical theatre & 1 pop/children’s song)
– Actors who play instruments are invited to accompany themselves on one of their songs. An accompanist/keyboard will be provided.
– Please prepare one HILARIOUS joke
Agreement or policy: Non-union